Revoke suspension, allow me to explain: Kunal Ghosh to Mamata Banerjee
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI off to shaky start against RCB, lose Hussey early
Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh Sunday wrote three separate letters to the party leadership, including one to party supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, urging revocation of suspension order served on him and seeking a chance to register his views before the party.
Ghosh, who also sent letters to TMC general secretary Mukul Roy and minister for Commerce and Industries Partha Chatterjee, claimed that he had not received any show-cause notice from the party leadership as had been stated by some TMC leaders.
"I have asked Mukulda and Parthada that they should send me the showcause notice, as I am yet to receive it, and grant me opportunity to defend myself," Ghosh said while talking to reporters here.
"I have never committed any anti-party activity. But I feel I was wronged. In fact, I was punished before any trial which is against the principle of natural justice," Ghosh said, adding that he has asked the party leadership to revoke the suspension order.
Asked about the contents of his letter to the Chief Minister, Ghosh said, "I won't reveal what I have written to Mamatadi. It is a personal letter."
The MP, who had recently demanded a CBI inquiry into the Saradha Group scandal, was summoned by police thrice last week for questioning. He had threatened to "reveal many things" if arrested in the scam.
Contacted, Partha Chatterjee confirmed receiving Ghosh's letter but said, "I won't make any further comments."
Earlier in the day, Chatterjee had told media that Ghosh had been suspended for anti-party activities.