Rewari rape victim shifted to private hospital in Gurgaon
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
A 18-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped and shot at by her relative, was today shifted from the district hospital to a private hospital at Gurgaon for specialised treatment.
The girl was has been lying uneasy as the bullet is still stuck in her chest for the past two months and doctors opined that removal of the bullet could endanger her life, officials said.
For specialised treatment, she has been shifted to a private hospital in Gurgaon, they said.
The girl was raped here by her Delhi-based relative identified as Delhi-resident Deepak (23) on November 3, 2012. However, soon after the sexual assault when the girl tried to flee, the accused fired a bullet from his pistol which hit the victim in her chest.
The doctors, who provided treatment to the victim, claimed that removal of the bullet from her chest could put her life in danger.
Deputy Commissioner C G Rajini Kaanthan said that as per the instructions he had received from Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, the Haryana government will bear the medical expenses for the girl's treatment.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it