Rewari rape victim shifted to private hospital in Gurgaon
- Tamil Nadu: DMK moves Madras High Court challenging Saturday's trust vote
- BSF seizes fake Rs 2,000 notes amounting to Rs 96,000 along Bangladesh border
- Bad loan crisis continues: 56.4 per cent rise in NPAs of banks
- Kerala actress’s molestation: Rivalry angle seen, police probe role of people from film industry
- H1-B visa controversy: Centre likely to take up issue with 27 US lawmakers visiting India this week
A 18-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped and shot at by her relative, was today shifted from the district hospital to a private hospital at Gurgaon for specialised treatment.
The girl was has been lying uneasy as the bullet is still stuck in her chest for the past two months and doctors opined that removal of the bullet could endanger her life, officials said.
For specialised treatment, she has been shifted to a private hospital in Gurgaon, they said.
The girl was raped here by her Delhi-based relative identified as Delhi-resident Deepak (23) on November 3, 2012. However, soon after the sexual assault when the girl tried to flee, the accused fired a bullet from his pistol which hit the victim in her chest.
The doctors, who provided treatment to the victim, claimed that removal of the bullet from her chest could put her life in danger.
Deputy Commissioner C G Rajini Kaanthan said that as per the instructions he had received from Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, the Haryana government will bear the medical expenses for the girl's treatment.
- Trump’s America is a latecomer. It has much to learn from Vishwaguru India
- Newly visible on social media, the party is more conscious of politics of perception
- Air in several Indian cities is rated poorly. Unlike China, India is not trying to clean up its act
- In Nepal, parties are pulling in different directions while a Maoist group threatens violence
- The case for His Dark Materials
- After Jayalalithaa’s death, the AIADMK is poised to undergo another self-destructing transformation