Rewari rape victim shifted to private hospital in Gurgaon
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
A 18-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped and shot at by her relative, was today shifted from the district hospital to a private hospital at Gurgaon for specialised treatment.
The girl was has been lying uneasy as the bullet is still stuck in her chest for the past two months and doctors opined that removal of the bullet could endanger her life, officials said.
For specialised treatment, she has been shifted to a private hospital in Gurgaon, they said.
The girl was raped here by her Delhi-based relative identified as Delhi-resident Deepak (23) on November 3, 2012. However, soon after the sexual assault when the girl tried to flee, the accused fired a bullet from his pistol which hit the victim in her chest.
The doctors, who provided treatment to the victim, claimed that removal of the bullet from her chest could put her life in danger.
Deputy Commissioner C G Rajini Kaanthan said that as per the instructions he had received from Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, the Haryana government will bear the medical expenses for the girl's treatment.