Rewind and replay
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
A blow-by-blow account of what went into the making of 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards, the most credible and glitziest film award ceremony
It rained stars on the big night of 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards making it one of the most talked about event. The preparation that began in the early part of 2012, with films identified for consideration by the Screen Jury down to the stage performances, all culminated together in a stupendous display on Saturday night, 12 January, 2013.
How did it all start? As a ready reckoner in the decision making process, Screen shortlisted a Selection Academy, whose role was to assist and aid the Jury members in the decision making process. And it started by making sure that all the films that released in 2012 were taken into account.
The Academy had 20 prominent members, including music composers Aadesh Shrivastava and Lalit Pandit, producers Bhushan Kumar, Hiren Gada, Kumar Mangat, Siddharth Roy Kapur, Swati Shetty, Tanuj Garg, Ramesh Taurani and Ratan Jain, choreographers Bosco Martis, Ceasar Gonsalves and Saroj Khan, sound designer Resul Pookutty and Nakul Kamte, art director Nitin Desai, writer/director Sanjay Chhel, film directors Sanjay Gadhvi, Soham Shah and Sujoy Ghosh. These esteemed members sifted through the year's releases, almost 119 plus and shortlisted 25 films for Jury's consideration. The list included recommendations for talents to be considered across different categories like acting, direction, choreography, cinematography, music, singers, lyricists etc.
At this stage, it was time for the Jury to take over to shortlist the final nominations for the prestigious award. The grand Jury comprised of Hema Malini as the chairperson, veteran actors Sadhana Nayyar, film editor Jethu Mandal, actors Padmini Kolhapure, singer Alka Yagnik, cinematographer/film-maker Santosh Sivan, writer Rajat Arora and new wave film-makers Nagesh Kukunoor, Nishikant Kamath, Rajkumar Gupta and Vikramaditya Motwane. They went through the list of films provided by the Academy over a period of five months. It was only after intense rounds of discussions and debates that the members came to a consensus regarding the nominations.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress