Rice basmati rises on fresh buying
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Prices of rice basmati ended higher on the wholesale grains market today on fresh buying by stockists and retailers.
However, other grains moved in a tight range in scattered deals and settled around previous levels.
Traders said fresh buying by stockists and retailers mainly pushed up wholesale rice basmati prices.
In the national capital, basmati common and Pusa 1121- ended higher at Rs 5500-5600 and Rs 5550-5700 from previous levels of Rs 5270-5470 and Rs 5300-5400 per quintal, respectively.
The following are today's quotations per quintal: Wheat MP (deshi) 2,050-2,250, Wheat dara (for mills) 1,565-1,570, Chakki atta (delivery) 1,575-1,580, Atta Rajdhani (10 kg) 210, Shakti bhog (10 kg) 210, Roller flour mill 860-880 (50 kg), Maida 880-890 (50 kg) and Sooji 980-990 (50kg).
Basmati rice (Lal Quila) 9,500, Shri Lal Mahal 9,500, Super Basmati Rice, 9,000, Basmati common new 5,500-5,700, Rice Pusa-(1121) new 5,500-5,600, Permal raw 1,950-2050, Permal wand 2,200-2,250, Sela 2,400-2,450 and Rice IR-8
1,550-1,650, Bajra 1,270-1,275, Jowar yellow 1,350-1,360, white 2,150-2,350, Maize 1,530-1,580, Barley 1,450-1,460, Rajasthan 1,080-1,090.