Rice basmati rises on fresh buying
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Prices of rice basmati ended higher on the wholesale grains market today on fresh buying by stockists and retailers.
However, other grains moved in a tight range in scattered deals and settled around previous levels.
Traders said fresh buying by stockists and retailers mainly pushed up wholesale rice basmati prices.
In the national capital, basmati common and Pusa 1121- ended higher at Rs 5500-5600 and Rs 5550-5700 from previous levels of Rs 5270-5470 and Rs 5300-5400 per quintal, respectively.
The following are today's quotations per quintal: Wheat MP (deshi) 2,050-2,250, Wheat dara (for mills) 1,565-1,570, Chakki atta (delivery) 1,575-1,580, Atta Rajdhani (10 kg) 210, Shakti bhog (10 kg) 210, Roller flour mill 860-880 (50 kg), Maida 880-890 (50 kg) and Sooji 980-990 (50kg).
Basmati rice (Lal Quila) 9,500, Shri Lal Mahal 9,500, Super Basmati Rice, 9,000, Basmati common new 5,500-5,700, Rice Pusa-(1121) new 5,500-5,600, Permal raw 1,950-2050, Permal wand 2,200-2,250, Sela 2,400-2,450 and Rice IR-8
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly