Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric
- India vs Sri Lanka Live Cricket Score: Virat Kohli's 58-ball 77 takes India to only 130
- Congress alone can counter BJP's "divisive ideology": Manmohan Singh
- Congress, SP, BSP indulging in "WWF-like fights" in UP: Modi
- 103 crorepati candidates in Odisha's 70 Assembly seats: report
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress alone can counter BJP's divisive ideology, says Manmohan Singh
Rapper Rick Ross has filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against LMFAO over some of their lyrics in 2010 hit 'Party Rock Anthem'.
The 37-year-old rapper is suing the electropop duo after claiming the pair's use of phrase 'everyday I'm shuffling' in the 2010 chart-topper is too similar to the phrase 'everyday I'm hustlin', which was on his 2006 hit 'Hustlin', the Hollywood Reporter said.
He alleges LMFAO's lyric is an 'obvious attempt to capitalise on the fame and success of Hustlin' and is 'performed in a manner to sound like' Ross' own.
The lawsuit, which was filed in Florida federal court, states, "The use of 'Hustlin' in 'Party Rock Anthem' is readily apparent, despite the slight change from 'Everyday I'm hustlin' ... to 'Everyday I'm shufflin' ... and constitutes, inter alia, the creation of an unauthorised derivative work."
Ross is seeking an injunction and maximum statutory damages from the uncle and nephew pair - Stefan Kendal Gordy (Redfoo) and Skyler Austen Gordy (SkyBlu) - as he claims the lyric has helped LMFAO sell 7.5 million copies of 'Party Rock Anthem', which has been licensed for movies and TV shows.
"The phrase is so important to the success of 'Party Rock Anthem,' that LMFAO launched a highly successful clothing line, Party Rock Clothing, that features the phrase on T-shirts and other clothing items," it further read.
- Congress alone can counter BJP's “divisive ideology”: Manmohan Singh
- Amit Shah booked for his “revenge” remark
- AAP to concentrate on Nilgiris, Central Chennai, Sivaganga
- China search vessels find no clues for missing MH370 flight
- Army jawan arrested on charges of rape in Kashmir
- Lok Sabha poll candidates in MP use nicknames to attract voters
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death