RICOH AFICIO SP C240SF: Flexible machine
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A multifunction printer designed for small office setups. It delivers fast print speeds with good quality
Estimated street price: Rs 50,000
This all-in-one laser printer prints 1,000 to 2,500 prints from one set of consumables, and has got all necessary ingredients needed in a small office environment. You get network and USB direct printing with an automatic duplexer that optimises the page utilisation, cost effectiveness and provides a faster throughput.
At 30 kg, this Ricoh machine is pretty heavy. The weight coupled with its dimensions of 420 x 493 x 476 mm make it a somewhat static piece of furniture. It has got a substantial build though which gives it a solid, sturdy look. The control panel is on the front slope with a total of 47 buttons, which means you can easily handle all your activities from the panel itself.
This MFP can comprehensively handle all modes—print, copy, scan and fax. The maximum input capacity is a whopping 751 sheets (including the 500 sheets of the optional paper tray) and the maximum output capacity is 150 sheets. There is a 35 sheet holder ADF which is very helpful in the auto-duplex mode. The device can only be shared in a workgroup through Ethernet as there are no wireless or cloud-based printing features available.
You can install this device via USB or Ethernet at your office. The installation of drivers can be easily done with the help of the bundled disk. In our evaluation, we found that the speed of the printer and copier were
almost identical in both colour and mono modes. For colour prints, the C240SF took 16 seconds for the first page and produced a total of 15 pages.
The availability of automatic duplexer optimises the productivity through efficient use of time and pages. However, the copying did take some time—the first copy took about 32 seconds, and we could get only 12 colour copies per minute. The performance gets marginally better for monochrome pages with 31 seconds for the first print and 14 pages in a minute. We found that the ink impressions for both monochrome and colour were of exceptional quality-crisp and clear text with distinct and natural looking colour graphics. The scan quality is good with 12 seconds taken to save it. You can choose to save your scans to a PC, on a network folder, a USB disk or even email them.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express