Rigour in the margins
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
In an age of instrumental values, this has to be said: for all the limitations of Indian intellectual life, the marginal intellectual return on money spent on good institutions in India is still very high. The CSDS's intellectual identity has been an inoculation against the allures of superficial branding, whether it is in politics or academia. It deserves acknowledgment.
The writer, president of the Centre for Policy Research, is contributing editor, `The Indian Express'
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer