RIM to introduce new BlackBerry 10 devices in January
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
Research In Motion Ltd (RIM) plans to introduce its BlackBerry 10 smartphones on Jan. 30, the company said on Monday, giving investors a measure of confidence that the long-awaited new devices are nearing completion.
The Waterloo, Ontario-based company, a one-time pioneer in the smartphone industry, is betting its future on the success of the new line of products, which will be powered by its new BlackBerry 10 operating system.
RIM has struggled over the last two years as its existing lineup has lost ground to snazzier and faster smartphones like Apple Inc's iPhone and Samsung Electronics' Galaxy line.
RIM said the launch event would take place simultaneously in multiple countries and that the company would introduce the first two BlackBerry 10 smartphones as well as the BlackBerry 10 platform.
The company did not say when the devices will actually be available in stores.
RIM promises that the new devices will be faster, smoother and have a large catalog of applications that are now crucial to the success of any new line of smartphones.
Last week, RIM announced that the new platform and devices had received a much-coveted US government security clearance, potentially allowing US and Canadian government agencies to deploy the new smartphones as soon as they are available.
These were the first BlackBerry products to win Federal Information Processing Standard 140-2 certifications ahead of their introduction, the company said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today