Ring sparks talk of Wozniacki-McIlroy engagement
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Australian media were abuzz Friday with reports that Caroline Wozniacki arrived to play at the Brisbane International with a diamond-encrusted ring on her left ring finger, presumably from the golfer boyfriend Rory McIlroy, who accompanied her Down Under.
Australian Associated Press and other media outlets said the Danish player wore the ring at the airport and also as she prepared for her afternoon practice session at the Queensland Tennis Centre before removing it to play on court.
Wozniacki said of the No 1-ranked McIlroy at the airport on her arrival: "He leaves me alone to just let me do my thing.''
The Brisbane International begins Sunday with Wozniacki's first match in a tournament that includes Serena Willliams and Maria Sharapova, if fit.