Ring sparks talk of Wozniacki-McIlroy engagement
- After slamming govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Modi at 7RCR
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at Centre, says MHA notification politically motivated
- Death toll climbs to 1412 as intense heat wave continues
- India wanted Bofors remark of President retracted: Swedish daily
- Extra-Constitutional authorities were really wielding power in UPA: PM
Australian media were abuzz Friday with reports that Caroline Wozniacki arrived to play at the Brisbane International with a diamond-encrusted ring on her left ring finger, presumably from the golfer boyfriend Rory McIlroy, who accompanied her Down Under.
Australian Associated Press and other media outlets said the Danish player wore the ring at the airport and also as she prepared for her afternoon practice session at the Queensland Tennis Centre before removing it to play on court.
Wozniacki said of the No 1-ranked McIlroy at the airport on her arrival: "He leaves me alone to just let me do my thing.''
The Brisbane International begins Sunday with Wozniacki's first match in a tournament that includes Serena Willliams and Maria Sharapova, if fit.