Rishi Kapoor's songs inspire Bollywood film titles
- Arunachal: Nabam Tuki resigns paving way for selection of Pema Khandu as CLP leader
- Turkish military coup bid crumbles, 90 killed in violence, Erdogan returns
- Who is Fethullah Gulen: The cleric being blamed for Turkey coup attempt
- Man responsible for Nice carnage was an angry loner, had little interest in Islam
- State killing its own citizens self-injury of worst sort: IAS topper from Kashmir
Bollywood filmmakers are getting increasingly inspired by veteran actor Rishi Kapoor's popular songs, which are now used as film titles, the latest being Kareena Kapoor-Imran Khan starrer film 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu'.
'Ek Main Aur Ek Tu' was quite a popular song picturised on Rishi and wife Neetu Singh. The song was from the film 'Khel Khel Mein'. (1975).
"His (Rishi) songs are very lively and there is certain spunk in them. I think thats the reason why there is an instant youth connect," Imran said, during the first look launch of the movie 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu', a romantic-comedy produced by Karan Johar and directed by Shakun Batra.
"There is certain zing in the phrase 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu'. Not only his songs but also his personality is youthful and full of verve even today," he said.
The film, releases on February 14, next year.
Another hit song - 'Ek Haseena Thi Ek Deewana Tha' from Subhash Ghai's 'Karz' has inspired director Gautham Menon, as his forthcoming film starring Prateik Babber is titled 'Ek Deewna Tha'. This film will also release next year.
- Modi administration has everything going for it except the belief that it is capable of taking the moral high ground
- Childcare is a women’s issue. Could we hope to make it gender neutral?
- Islam might be blamed for the carnage in Nice
- It is a religious vision that seems to see itself as an agent of an apocalypse of some kind
- Game Of Deception
- ‘Strangeness’ of SC Arunachal verdict lies in its upholding of constitutional morality