Rishi Kapoor's songs inspire Bollywood film titles
- Without naming Pakistan, PM Modi says must isolate, sanction 'this' instigator of terrorism
- Delhi HC sets aside AAP govt order appointing 21 AAP MLAs as parliamentary secretaries
- Kejriwal mobbed by BJP workers at railway station as he departed for Punjab
- Apple iPhone 7 has a cheaper launch price in India at Rs 60,000, sales start October 7
- ISRO to launch advanced weather satellite INSAT-3DR
Bollywood filmmakers are getting increasingly inspired by veteran actor Rishi Kapoor's popular songs, which are now used as film titles, the latest being Kareena Kapoor-Imran Khan starrer film 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu'.
'Ek Main Aur Ek Tu' was quite a popular song picturised on Rishi and wife Neetu Singh. The song was from the film 'Khel Khel Mein'. (1975).
"His (Rishi) songs are very lively and there is certain spunk in them. I think thats the reason why there is an instant youth connect," Imran said, during the first look launch of the movie 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu', a romantic-comedy produced by Karan Johar and directed by Shakun Batra.
"There is certain zing in the phrase 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu'. Not only his songs but also his personality is youthful and full of verve even today," he said.
The film, releases on February 14, next year.
Another hit song - 'Ek Haseena Thi Ek Deewana Tha' from Subhash Ghai's 'Karz' has inspired director Gautham Menon, as his forthcoming film starring Prateik Babber is titled 'Ek Deewna Tha'. This film will also release next year.
- To make an informed, sensitive choice, we need to look at surrogacy from many vantage points
- Fourth phase of India’s engagement with East is overdue
- Both separatists and the Centre have a lot to answer for
- Increase in nominal growth signals improvement in economic activity
- Telescope: Between a bed and a khaat
- Muzaffarnagar, three years after the riots