Rishi Kapoor's songs inspire Bollywood film titles
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Bollywood filmmakers are getting increasingly inspired by veteran actor Rishi Kapoor's popular songs, which are now used as film titles, the latest being Kareena Kapoor-Imran Khan starrer film 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu'.
'Ek Main Aur Ek Tu' was quite a popular song picturised on Rishi and wife Neetu Singh. The song was from the film 'Khel Khel Mein'. (1975).
"His (Rishi) songs are very lively and there is certain spunk in them. I think thats the reason why there is an instant youth connect," Imran said, during the first look launch of the movie 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu', a romantic-comedy produced by Karan Johar and directed by Shakun Batra.
"There is certain zing in the phrase 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu'. Not only his songs but also his personality is youthful and full of verve even today," he said.
The film, releases on February 14, next year.
Another hit song - 'Ek Haseena Thi Ek Deewana Tha' from Subhash Ghai's 'Karz' has inspired director Gautham Menon, as his forthcoming film starring Prateik Babber is titled 'Ek Deewna Tha'. This film will also release next year.
Even Rishi's son Ranbir, did a movie that was titled 'Bachna Aye Haseeno'. This was another popular song from Rishi's film, 'Hum Kisi Se Kum Nahi' (1977).