Rishi, Mithun in Kaanchi
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
Rishi Kapoor makes a comeback of sorts to the Mukta Arts banner after a long gap, of 32 years since the hit film Karz, with Subhash Ghai's next project Kaanchi. Mithun Chakraborty will also be seen in the film.
On selecting the actors for the musical love story, Ghai said, "Rishi has been one of the finest actors we have, right since his Bobby days. He is a combination of a star and actor, which is very rare. Unfortunately we never got to work together after Karz but have always kept in touch. Now that he is experimenting with character roles, I could write a character to suit his personality hence in this film, he plays a ruthless business tycoon. Mithun, who had worked in Yuvraj, plays a role like that of a Godfather, one who rules the country."
The film will have fresh faces in the lead, the auditions of which are currently taking place at the Whistling Woods Institute. Ghai added that of the eight songs, two songs have already been recorded in the voices of Sukhwinder Singh and a new singer, Avinsha. Music has been composed by Ismail Durbar and Salim-Suleiman and lyrics have been penned by Irshad Kamil.
Th film goes on floor on January 13, 2013 and is set to release on August 15.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might