Rishi, Mithun in Kaanchi
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Rishi Kapoor makes a comeback of sorts to the Mukta Arts banner after a long gap, of 32 years since the hit film Karz, with Subhash Ghai's next project Kaanchi. Mithun Chakraborty will also be seen in the film.
On selecting the actors for the musical love story, Ghai said, "Rishi has been one of the finest actors we have, right since his Bobby days. He is a combination of a star and actor, which is very rare. Unfortunately we never got to work together after Karz but have always kept in touch. Now that he is experimenting with character roles, I could write a character to suit his personality hence in this film, he plays a ruthless business tycoon. Mithun, who had worked in Yuvraj, plays a role like that of a Godfather, one who rules the country."
The film will have fresh faces in the lead, the auditions of which are currently taking place at the Whistling Woods Institute. Ghai added that of the eight songs, two songs have already been recorded in the voices of Sukhwinder Singh and a new singer, Avinsha. Music has been composed by Ismail Durbar and Salim-Suleiman and lyrics have been penned by Irshad Kamil.
Th film goes on floor on January 13, 2013 and is set to release on August 15.