Rishi, Mithun in Kaanchi
- Delhi demolition drive: Kejriwal rejects Railways' claims, orders probe
- Artist Hema Upadhyay, her lawyer found dead in Mumbai drain
- Kejriwal urged Suresh Prabhu to look into JJ issue in Dec 1 letter
- Parliament should function through debate, not disruption : President Pranab Mukherjee
- PM Kerala event: Congress to hold prayer meeting to protest snub to Chandy
Rishi Kapoor makes a comeback of sorts to the Mukta Arts banner after a long gap, of 32 years since the hit film Karz, with Subhash Ghai's next project Kaanchi. Mithun Chakraborty will also be seen in the film.
On selecting the actors for the musical love story, Ghai said, "Rishi has been one of the finest actors we have, right since his Bobby days. He is a combination of a star and actor, which is very rare. Unfortunately we never got to work together after Karz but have always kept in touch. Now that he is experimenting with character roles, I could write a character to suit his personality hence in this film, he plays a ruthless business tycoon. Mithun, who had worked in Yuvraj, plays a role like that of a Godfather, one who rules the country."
The film will have fresh faces in the lead, the auditions of which are currently taking place at the Whistling Woods Institute. Ghai added that of the eight songs, two songs have already been recorded in the voices of Sukhwinder Singh and a new singer, Avinsha. Music has been composed by Ismail Durbar and Salim-Suleiman and lyrics have been penned by Irshad Kamil.
Th film goes on floor on January 13, 2013 and is set to release on August 15.
- India-Pakistan must take small steps, focus on tangible achievements
- At the very least, the odd-even policy will initiate a conversation on car use
- Rear View: How a book was banned
- Delhi’s car-free day and odd-even formula will force undesired holidays
- Twenty-first century town-planning must put nature at its heart
- India, Pak inherited a clutch of problems as the inevitable result of Partition