Rishi, Mithun in Kaanchi
- I expected to do very well but didn't expect to top it: UPSC topper
- Shiv Sena comes to BJP's rescue, says 'move to classify madrasas as non-schools not anti-religious'
- Across the Aisle: ‘Export or perish’. Have we chosen ‘perish’?
- Big Picture - ‘Why did they kill me, ammi?’
- Sunday Story: The Leader and his machine
Rishi Kapoor makes a comeback of sorts to the Mukta Arts banner after a long gap, of 32 years since the hit film Karz, with Subhash Ghai's next project Kaanchi. Mithun Chakraborty will also be seen in the film.
On selecting the actors for the musical love story, Ghai said, "Rishi has been one of the finest actors we have, right since his Bobby days. He is a combination of a star and actor, which is very rare. Unfortunately we never got to work together after Karz but have always kept in touch. Now that he is experimenting with character roles, I could write a character to suit his personality hence in this film, he plays a ruthless business tycoon. Mithun, who had worked in Yuvraj, plays a role like that of a Godfather, one who rules the country."
The film will have fresh faces in the lead, the auditions of which are currently taking place at the Whistling Woods Institute. Ghai added that of the eight songs, two songs have already been recorded in the voices of Sukhwinder Singh and a new singer, Avinsha. Music has been composed by Ismail Durbar and Salim-Suleiman and lyrics have been penned by Irshad Kamil.
Th film goes on floor on January 13, 2013 and is set to release on August 15.