Riteish Deshmukh's debut production to be screened at SAIFF
- Suit Boot ki Sarkar better than 'Suitcase' sarkar, says PM Modi
- 7.8 magnitude earthquake strikes almost 194 km off Japan coast
- Heat wave death toll in Andhra, Telengana, Odisha crosses 2200
- Modi government decides to re-promulgate Land Ordinance for third time
- 'I want to seek forgiveness from her and God,' says Aruna Shanbaug's assailant
Actor Riteish Deshmukh's maiden production venture 'Balak Palak' is all set to be screened at the South Asian International Film Festival (SAIFF) in New York.
The Marathi film has been directed by Ravi Jadhav and is based on the subject of sex education. It focuses on how very few parents are keen to discuss the sensitive subject with their kids.
"I'm very proud to be associated with a film like 'Balak Palak'. I've always believed that we could do more with regional cinema which is already doing such great work over the last few years.
"The script of the film has tremendous potential and the fact that it has been selected to premiere at SIAFF in New York proves that it is a story that appeals to people across beyond regional boundaries and all age groups," Riteish said in a statement.
The 2012 SAIFF will take place this year from October 24 to 30.
The film has been co-produced by and stars Kishor Kadam, Sai Tamhankar, Prathamesh Parab, Shashwati Pimplikar, Madan Devdhar, Bhagyashree Shankpal, Rohit Phalke, Subodh Bhave among others.
'Balak Palak' also marks the music debut of composer duo Vishal-Shekhar in Marathi films.