RITES tables long-term plan to ease RTR Marg and Outer Ring Road
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
In its latest report, engineering consultant RITES has suggested medium- and long-term proposals for decongestion of the Outer Ring Road, including Rao Tula Ram Marg.
The proposals form part of the report tabled before the Unified Traffic and Transportation (Planning and Engineering) Centre (UTTIPEC) core group meeting.
These additions to earlier RITES proposals come in the wake of directions by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit to the PWD to identify long-term proposals for improving traffic flow from IIT to NH-8.
"The report will be discussed further at the Lt-Governor's level before any one proposal is implemented,'' PWD minister Raj Kumar Chauhan said.
The report will be submitted to UTTIPEC's working group before it is taken to the L-G. "RITES will also have to look at the feasibility of these proposals by carrying out more studies,'' a PWD official said.
The report states that scenario-building for long-term solutions is in progress. For capacity augmentation of RTR flyover and Outer Ring Road, there is a proposal for dedicated three lanes on the surface to facilitate straight movement of traffic from IIT to NH-8.
The second option is to create an additional three-lane flyover parallel to the existing flyover, either by acquiring land along Vasant Vihar service road or by strengthening the rock of Malai Mandir or development of one leg as an extension of the existing Munrika flyover.
The report said: "Acquisition of Vasant Vihar service road and protruding hillocks of Malai Mandir are big constraints. The feasibility of portal flyover as an extension of one leg to the existing flyover is being studied.''
The government is very keen to construct a parallel flyover, though people who have houses along the service lane are against it.
The report also mentions construction of an underpass from Benito Juarez Marg to Ring Road. Construction of a bypass from Mehrauli-Mahipalpur Road to NH-8 has already begun. This will provide an alternative route for traffic between Gurgaon/airport and Delhi and will put to better use roads like Nelson Mandela Marg.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express