Rituparno Ghosh's passing away a great loss to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual community: Onir
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Filmmaker Onir said that actor-director Rituparno Ghosh's demise will be a huge loss for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) community.
Rituparno Ghosh was known for his cross-dressing style and fascination for jewellery and make-up.
He was also one of the ardent supporters of the LGBT community.
"His passing away will be a big loss not only to lovers of cinema and art, but a huge loss to the LGBT community," tweeted Onir, who is a self-confessed gay.
"Will be leaving Kolkata in a bit. Next time I come here there will one one warm soul missing," he added.
Rituparno Ghosh, man behind films like Chokher Bali, Antarmahal and Dosar died today following a cardiac arrest. He was 49.