Rizvi school make it a perfect 10
- Nepal Earthquake: Rains, fresh tremors hamper rescue works, toll tops 2,500
- Nepal earthquake: 22 climbers dead in avalanche on Mt Everest
- Nepal Earthquake: Air services resumed to Kathmandu
- NDRF rescue team begins sifting through rubble in Nepal
- Heavy rains likely in quake-hit Nepal, warns Indian Meteorological Dept
Rizvi Springfield, representing Mumbai District, won the Vinoo Mankad U-16 State Cricket Tournament, organised by the District Sports Office, beating Aurangabad District by 161 runs in the Twenty20 final held in Akola.
This was the 10th Vinoo Mankad state title for the Bandra school that has been participating in the tournament for more than a decade.
Batting first, Rizvi Springfield, riding on Prithvi Shaw's 70 and Piyush Nath's half century, set a 226-run target for the Aurangabad outfit. Shaw's knock included eight fours and three sixes while Nath cleared the fence on four ocassions. Osama Parkar (33), Bipin Yadav (30) and Siddharth Singh (31) chipped in with quickfire cameos.
Chasing the mammoth target, Aurangabad were bundled out for 65 in 11.5 overs with Rizvi winning by 161 runs. Nath was awarded the man of the series award for scoring a total of 178 runs and picking up three wickets in the competition.
Earlier in the semifinals, the Mumbai outfit had defeated Nagpur District by 53 runs.
Brief scores: Final: Rizvi Springfield Mumbai District 226 for 6 in 20 overs (Prithvi Shaw 70, Piyush Nath 57, Osama Parkar 33, Bipin Yadav 30, Siddharth Singh 31; Sujit Bhalerao 3/40) bt Aurangabad District 65 all out 11.5 overs by 161 runs.