RLA downturn: In CH 01 AQ series, 0001 goes for Rs 8 lakh
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
After raising the bar too high during the previous two auctions, the auction of fancy registration numbers held for the new series CH 01 AQ on Monday could not hold on to the hype surrounding the event with the 0001 in the new series going under the hammer for Rs 8 lakh.
For this number, the Registration and Licensing Authority (RLA) had received four applications.
Bought in the name of a firm, Castle Resorts, with its quiet office in Sector 35, it was an employee of the firm who came to participate in the auction.
However, sources in RLA say that the fancy number has been bought for a Rolls Royce worth approximately Rs 2 crore. The same firm also participated in a previous auction but failed to get a number of their choice.
Significantly, during the auction of fancy numbers in the series CH 01 AP, 0001 went for Rs 26 lakh, and a builder in Chandigarh paid that amount just to buy the registration number 'CH-01-AP-0001' for his new Mercedes car at the auction. This is the highest-ever amount made by the RLA in Chandigarh from any auction of registration numbers for motor vehicles.
The previous highest bid was of Rs 17 lakh for the number 'CH-01-AN-0001' which was taken by agriculturist-businessman Jagjit Singh Chahal in June this year for his Rs 85-lakh Toyota Land Cruiser.
At Monday's auction, 0002 fetched Rs 1.60 lakh and the RLA had received four applications for this number as well. Then 0003 in this series fetched Rs 1.28 lakh and there were six bids for the number.
Similarly, 0004 fetched Rs 2.65 lakh while 0005 went for Rs 3.21 lakh, 0006 went for Rs 1.75 lakh and the famous 0007 fetched Rs 2.76 lakh.
Besides, 0008 was bought for Rs 1.55 lakh, 0009 for Rs 3.97 lakh while 0010 in the series went for Rs 1.51 lakh.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China