RLA downturn: In CH 01 AQ series, 0001 goes for Rs 8 lakh
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
During Monday's auction, the RLA earned a total revenue of Rs 87.45 lakh by auctioning 170 numbers in all.
While the auction was scheduled to begin at 11 am, it could not start for one hour as SDM-cum-RLA Parshuram Kavle arrived an hour behind the scheduled time, leaving hundreds of bidders inconvenienced. Lack of arrangements at the auction were once again exposed with barely a handful of chairs available for over 200 applicants. Many of them chose to stand outside as there was no ventilation in the small portion of the hall where the auction was to be held. Significantly, each auction of the RLA fetches lakhs of rupees as the revenue but the authorities have failed to provide even the most basic facilities to the bidders who come in the morning and spend their whole day in the auction, said a bidder requesting anonymity. "Everyone is jostling for space here even to stand, forget about seats. There is no proper light or ventilation. The least that the authorities can do is that hold the auction outside so that at least all the bidders are accommodated," said another bidder.