RLA mulls proposal for installing CCTV cameras at office
- L-G expresses disappointment over Kejriwal's remark on PM, says will clear Swati Maliwal as DCW chief
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad after CBI rejects plea
- Union Agriculture Minister lists 'love affairs, impotency' as causes for farmer suicides
- Asaram witness murder case: UP govt recommends CBI probe in Akhil Gupta's death
- Haryana Health Minister catches CID man 'spying' on his office, threatens to resign
After canceling the auction held on January 17 for vanity numbers, the RLA authorities are now mulling over the proposal to install CCTV cameras at the office for keeping a check on the allegations of touts roaming inside the office and the alleged connivance of certain insiders allegedly involved in forging cartels at the RLA during auction.
Sources also said that the officials have decided that soon, surprise checks will also be conducted on usual working days to check the working of the RLA.
Significantly, it was for the first time in the history of the Registering and Licensing Authority (RLA) that the auction of vanity numbers in the new series CH 01 AR was canceled, due to the poor response and less revenue that it received. Also, there were allegations that certain bidders had even formed cartels to deliberately bring down the bids of the vanity numbers thus auctioned.
As per the officials, now the auction will be held again after a thorough investigation of what went wrong in the present auction and the allegations of the cartelisation will also be looked into by the authorities. The drafts which are to be deposited by the successful bidders who bought the numbers will be returned soon.