RLA: People hassled as forms go out of stock
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
- Third Front is unviable 'tired front', says Mamata Banerjee
Residents of the city visiting the Registering and Licensing Authority (RLA) for the past 10 days are a harassed lot. Reason: most of the forms including the ones for learner's licence, renewal of licence, renewal of RC, transfer within the state, and finance termination, are out of stock.
Consequently, the residents coming to the RLA for getting licences made have to go back empty-handed. Shubha, a resident of Sector 18, said, "I have come to the RLA today for the third time in past ten days for applying for a learner's licence. Each time, they told me to come two days later as the forms were out of stock. But today again it was the same situation. Why is not anyone bothered?"
Balbir, another city resident, who had come to get his licence renewed, also returned empty-handed. "It is so harassing to come here after leaving work, and then we are told that there are no forms," he said.
However, a senior RLA official said, "The forms went out of stock after there was a revision which was done in the checklist for the documents to be attached with the forms. Therefore, fresh forms with changes had to be printed. Most likely these will be available by tomorrow."
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore