RLA to finally launch HSRP today
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi addresses a rally in Assam; Sonia Gandhi to address a rally in Amethi today
The Registration and Licensing Authority (RLA) is all set to finally implement the High Security Registration Number Plates (HSRP) today.
Already, the vendors that were selected for the purpose of affixing the number plates have been allocated spaces at the STA office in Sector 17 for commercial vehicles, RLA office in Sector 17, SDM (south) office in Sector 42 and SDM (east) office in Industrial Area.
Officials said that all the modalities have already been completed and the UT Home Secretary will launch the HSRP today at RLA office in Sector 17. Also the rates for the HSRP plates will be the cheapest in the country, said the officials.
In fact, the matter pertaining to relaunching the HSRP had been hanging fire for over two months since the MoU between the vendor, which was finalised for the purpose, and the UT Administration was signed last December.
In 2011, Chandigarh was the first city in the country which had implemented HSRP. However, it was stalled following the Apex Court's intervention. It was restarted six months ago.