RLD follows in Cong, BJP footsteps, targets youth through social media
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
After the BJP and Congress, Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) has now decided to target the youth by using social media in an attempt to mobilise favourable support for the party. Party's general secretary and MP from Mathura, Jayant Chaudhary has set up youth teams in western Uttar Pradesh to keep a watch on the content being shared through social media. Jayant said that the misuse of social media had triggered riots in Muzaffarnagar.
To attract the youth, party has erected hoardings in Lucknow and various districts of western UP displaying photographs of Jayant working on a laptop. The hoardings show Chaudhary appealing to people to share their views on contemporary issues on his personal and party's website and social media spaces, and appeal the youth to adopt modernisation and discard the narrow mindedness of casteism and regionalism.
Jayant said that social media is an effective tool to interact with the people and take their feedback on various important issues. "I am also monitoring the views being collected on Facebook and twitter accounts and my own website," Jayant said. He described the teams engaged in the party's online space as proactive and responsible. RLD recently did a live webcast of the Sankalp Rally organised in Meerut on December 23.
When asked about the Jat reservation issue Jayant explained, "Reservation system has been continuing in the country for a long time. RLD raises the issue of Jat reservation only to ensure that Jats get the fair benefits which they are entitled to." On the demands for a separate state of western UP, Jayant said, "We are in favour of smaller states for better development. RLD has also demanded creations of Poorvanchal and Telangana."
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'