RLD state president resigns for ‘ideological reasons’
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
Rashtriya Lok Dal's UP president Baba Hardev Singh tendered his resignation from his post to the party national president and Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Saturday.
In his resignation letter, Baba Hardev stated that he was not able to discharge his duties as party state president owing to certain ideological reasons. When contacted, Baba Hardev said, "I have sent my resignation. I cannot disclose the ideological reasons for which I have resigned." In support of Baba Hardev, five office-bearers of the party also resigned today.
Baba Hardev was appointed as party state president in February 2011. He is a retired Provincial Civil Service officer.