RLD state president resigns for ‘ideological reasons’
- NDA falls behind as campaign swings poll towards Nitish-Lalu: Lokniti CSDS pre-poll survey
- Govt hikes excise duty on petrol by Rs 1.6 per litre, diesel by 40 paisa
- Four Mi-25 attack helicopters for Afghanistan: India's bold move
- Pakistan is going to remain a problem for India: Western Army Commander
- Religious places of Muslims, Christians in Odisha should be under state regulating authority: RSS
Rashtriya Lok Dal's UP president Baba Hardev Singh tendered his resignation from his post to the party national president and Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Saturday.
In his resignation letter, Baba Hardev stated that he was not able to discharge his duties as party state president owing to certain ideological reasons. When contacted, Baba Hardev said, "I have sent my resignation. I cannot disclose the ideological reasons for which I have resigned." In support of Baba Hardev, five office-bearers of the party also resigned today.
Baba Hardev was appointed as party state president in February 2011. He is a retired Provincial Civil Service officer.