RLD state president resigns for ‘ideological reasons’
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Rashtriya Lok Dal's UP president Baba Hardev Singh tendered his resignation from his post to the party national president and Union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Saturday.
In his resignation letter, Baba Hardev stated that he was not able to discharge his duties as party state president owing to certain ideological reasons. When contacted, Baba Hardev said, "I have sent my resignation. I cannot disclose the ideological reasons for which I have resigned." In support of Baba Hardev, five office-bearers of the party also resigned today.
Baba Hardev was appointed as party state president in February 2011. He is a retired Provincial Civil Service officer.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress