Rlys to widen Vastrapur level crossing in Vejalpur
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Defiant Azam Khan stands by Kargil won by Muslim soldiers remark, gets EC notice
- Lok Sabha elections: Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Due to the dynastic politics, people continue to live the way they did under Mughals, says Modi
In order to manage the rise in vehicular movement during peak hours, Western Railway authorities have initiated a process of widening the Vastrapur railway crossing in Vejalpur area. As of now, the train movement is negligible due to the ongoing work of gauge conversion between Botad and Bhavnagar.
The crossing is located near Vastrapur railway station between Gandhigram and Sarkhej stations in the Bhavnagar division.
On receiving various representations, Vejalpur MLA Kishor Chauhan wrote to the railway and civic authorities pressing for widening of the level crossing. "Tender for civil portion of work (widening of level crossing) has already been opened and it will be finalised within stipulated time. The tender for interlocking work scheduled to be opened on August 6," stated the Bhavnagar Para Division railway manager's letter to Chauhan.
The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation had deposited Rs 1.38 crore in March 2012, Chauhan said.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move