Rlys to widen Vastrapur level crossing in Vejalpur
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
In order to manage the rise in vehicular movement during peak hours, Western Railway authorities have initiated a process of widening the Vastrapur railway crossing in Vejalpur area. As of now, the train movement is negligible due to the ongoing work of gauge conversion between Botad and Bhavnagar.
The crossing is located near Vastrapur railway station between Gandhigram and Sarkhej stations in the Bhavnagar division.
On receiving various representations, Vejalpur MLA Kishor Chauhan wrote to the railway and civic authorities pressing for widening of the level crossing. "Tender for civil portion of work (widening of level crossing) has already been opened and it will be finalised within stipulated time. The tender for interlocking work scheduled to be opened on August 6," stated the Bhavnagar Para Division railway manager's letter to Chauhan.
The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation had deposited Rs 1.38 crore in March 2012, Chauhan said.