Rlys to widen Vastrapur level crossing in Vejalpur
- NDA falls behind as campaign swings poll towards Nitish-Lalu: Lokniti CSDS pre-poll survey
- Govt hikes excise duty on petrol by Rs 1.6 per litre, diesel by 40 paisa
- Four Mi-25 attack helicopters for Afghanistan: India's bold move
- Pakistan is going to remain a problem for India: Western Army Commander
- Religious places of Muslims, Christians in Odisha should be under state regulating authority: RSS
In order to manage the rise in vehicular movement during peak hours, Western Railway authorities have initiated a process of widening the Vastrapur railway crossing in Vejalpur area. As of now, the train movement is negligible due to the ongoing work of gauge conversion between Botad and Bhavnagar.
The crossing is located near Vastrapur railway station between Gandhigram and Sarkhej stations in the Bhavnagar division.
On receiving various representations, Vejalpur MLA Kishor Chauhan wrote to the railway and civic authorities pressing for widening of the level crossing. "Tender for civil portion of work (widening of level crossing) has already been opened and it will be finalised within stipulated time. The tender for interlocking work scheduled to be opened on August 6," stated the Bhavnagar Para Division railway manager's letter to Chauhan.