Road show held to promote engg expo
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
The association of Ludhiana Machine tools industries, on Wednesday, organised a road show to promote the upcoming Engineering Expo which will be organised from December 20 to 24 at Greater Ludhiana area development authority (GLADA) grounds.
The show was flagged off from district industry centre (DIC) by GM Mahesh Khanna and Director of Micro small and medium enterprises (MSME) B S Dhillon.
Machine tool industries from across the state will participate in the exhibition.
The road show from Ludhiana went to Jalandhar, Goraya, Phagwara, Batala and many other cities to promote the event.
The general secretary of the association Manjit Singh Matharoo said that Ludhiana was once the chosen destination for the machine tool buyer. "Such was the command of the state that each and every industrial enterprise had the foot prints of Punjab machine tools." he said.
"But now we have lost ground due to variety of reasons to the extent that we now are the fourth option and customer finds his needs satisfied before reaching Delhi. And the tragedy is that the drift continues. This needs to be arrested immediately otherwise sheer hard work of our forefathers and the great heritage of first time entrepreneurs will fade away," he added.
The exhibition is being supported by the Punjab government, NSIC, MSME.