Road show held to promote engg expo
- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
The association of Ludhiana Machine tools industries, on Wednesday, organised a road show to promote the upcoming Engineering Expo which will be organised from December 20 to 24 at Greater Ludhiana area development authority (GLADA) grounds.
The show was flagged off from district industry centre (DIC) by GM Mahesh Khanna and Director of Micro small and medium enterprises (MSME) B S Dhillon.
Machine tool industries from across the state will participate in the exhibition.
The road show from Ludhiana went to Jalandhar, Goraya, Phagwara, Batala and many other cities to promote the event.
The general secretary of the association Manjit Singh Matharoo said that Ludhiana was once the chosen destination for the machine tool buyer. "Such was the command of the state that each and every industrial enterprise had the foot prints of Punjab machine tools." he said.
"But now we have lost ground due to variety of reasons to the extent that we now are the fourth option and customer finds his needs satisfied before reaching Delhi. And the tragedy is that the drift continues. This needs to be arrested immediately otherwise sheer hard work of our forefathers and the great heritage of first time entrepreneurs will fade away," he added.
The exhibition is being supported by the Punjab government, NSIC, MSME.
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?
- Lessons to learn from Rio Olympics
- Reminiscing after 70: What were the best decades of independent India?
- Inside Track: No party spirit
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility