Road show held to promote engg expo
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The association of Ludhiana Machine tools industries, on Wednesday, organised a road show to promote the upcoming Engineering Expo which will be organised from December 20 to 24 at Greater Ludhiana area development authority (GLADA) grounds.
The show was flagged off from district industry centre (DIC) by GM Mahesh Khanna and Director of Micro small and medium enterprises (MSME) B S Dhillon.
Machine tool industries from across the state will participate in the exhibition.
The road show from Ludhiana went to Jalandhar, Goraya, Phagwara, Batala and many other cities to promote the event.
The general secretary of the association Manjit Singh Matharoo said that Ludhiana was once the chosen destination for the machine tool buyer. "Such was the command of the state that each and every industrial enterprise had the foot prints of Punjab machine tools." he said.
"But now we have lost ground due to variety of reasons to the extent that we now are the fourth option and customer finds his needs satisfied before reaching Delhi. And the tragedy is that the drift continues. This needs to be arrested immediately otherwise sheer hard work of our forefathers and the great heritage of first time entrepreneurs will fade away," he added.
The exhibition is being supported by the Punjab government, NSIC, MSME.
The theme of the exhibition is 'Destination Punjab'. There is going to be one panel discussion for its promotion, beside many events and road shows are being organised to promote it. The organisers are aiming 200 plus exhibitors and Rs 100 crores business.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today