Robbers beat hasty retreat as woman raises alarm, injure 3
- One year of AAP sarkar: Kejriwal announces cleaner water, better healthcare facilities
- JNU row: Meet the family of Kanhaiya who is a ‘danger to Mother India’
- Great as FM, reforms stopped after Manmohan Singh became PM: Jaitley
- Dial Kejriwal: Delhi Cabinet to take your calls today, 11 am onwards
- Sunanda Pushkar death probe: Tharoor questioned by Delhi Police for 5 hours
In a daylight robbery attempt, two armed men entered a yarn broker's house in New Shivaji Nagar late Monday afternoon but had to beat a hasty retreat after the businessman's daughter raised the alarm. Before running away, they injured her along with two others.
The incident occurred about 3.45 pm when Veena, wife of Naresh Juneja, was in the house with servant Chhotu. Two men armed with sharp-edged weapons entered the house and attacked the duo. In the meantime, 22-year-old Deepika, Naresh's daughter, came from college. Though she was also attacked by the robbers, she managed to escape and reached the terrace where she started shouting, which led the robbers to run away.
Interestingly, the robbers had come on foot and went back on foot without being caught in the busy area.
The robbers could not steal anything from the house but left Veena and Chhotu seriously injured while Deepika suffered minor injuries. All the three were admitted to CMCH and Veena was stated to be critical.
Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh along with other officers rushed to the spot. Fingerprint experts also examined the spot. Ishwar Singh said there had been no theft as even the woman's mobile was also lying near by only.