Robbers have a field day, save one
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Three traders were looted in the city in as many separate incidents Monday while in the fourth incident, a robber was nabbed and thrashed before being handed over to police.
The first incident took place near Himalaya Mall around 12.45pm when a trader was on his way to bank to deposit Rs 16 lakh. As he was about to enter the bank, a motorcyclist snatched the bag from his hand and fled.
The second incident took place at SG Highway an hour later. A trader who was going to deposit Rs 2.5 lakh was looted by two unidentified persons who had reportedly covered their faces with helmets.
An hour later, two robbers attempted to snatch a businessman's bag containing Rs 30,000 in cash near the Income Tax Circle. This time, one of them was caught and thrashed before being turned over to police.
In yet another incident near a restaurant at Navrangpura, a local businessman was eased of his bag containing Rs 26 lakh by an unidentified man.
The police suspect there is a gang targeting traders out on work.