Robbers have a field day, save one
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Three traders were looted in the city in as many separate incidents Monday while in the fourth incident, a robber was nabbed and thrashed before being handed over to police.
The first incident took place near Himalaya Mall around 12.45pm when a trader was on his way to bank to deposit Rs 16 lakh. As he was about to enter the bank, a motorcyclist snatched the bag from his hand and fled.
The second incident took place at SG Highway an hour later. A trader who was going to deposit Rs 2.5 lakh was looted by two unidentified persons who had reportedly covered their faces with helmets.
An hour later, two robbers attempted to snatch a businessman's bag containing Rs 30,000 in cash near the Income Tax Circle. This time, one of them was caught and thrashed before being turned over to police.
In yet another incident near a restaurant at Navrangpura, a local businessman was eased of his bag containing Rs 26 lakh by an unidentified man.
The police suspect there is a gang targeting traders out on work.