Robbers hit jewellery, drug stores, destroy CCTVs at Sector 7 market
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Abduct guard who tried to raise alarm and later dump him near Morni Hills
A jewellery store and a chemist shop were robbed in early hours of Wednesday in Sector 7 market, Panchkula. The four robbers were able to abscond with silver-ware worth Rs 25 lakh from Sarao Jewellers and Rs 4,000 in cash from the chemist shop, located next to the jewellery store.
The robbers broke CCTV cameras and glass door of the chemist shop, but were captured on the cameras of a nearby shop. They had come in an Esteem car, which had no registration number plate.
The personal guard of a nearby jewellery store, Tara Chand, was woken up by the commotion and tried to raise an alarm. The robbers allegedly threatened Chand with a rod and then took him with them while absconding. Chand was allegedly taken to Morni Hills and was left in the jungle.
However, as per Chand's statement to the police, the four unidentified persons came to his shop first, abducted him, left him at Morni Hills and then robbed the shops. But the CCTV footage reveals the opposite. As per the footage, Tara Chand hid under his blanket after the four threatened him.
Meanwhile, the Panchkula Police got to know about the robbery when a couple returning from a marriage function passed by the market area at 1.43 am. The couple saw four people with their faces covered, who were allegedly trying to break the locks of Sarao Jewelers. By the time a PCR vehicle reached the spot,the robbers had absconded and abducted a guard.
The Station House Officer of sector 7 police station said: "As per CCTV footage that we have seen, as the four people were committing the crime, Tara Chand, a personal guard of another nearby jewellery shop who was sleeping outside woke up. The four allegedly threatened Tara Chand with a rod but did not hit him. Since Tara Chand was alarmed, the four people left the place taking along Tara Chand."
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today