Robbers strike 2 Dadri homes, 1 killed, 3 hurt
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
A group of robbers killed a 62-year-old man and injured three others in separate robbery attempts in Dadri, Greater Noida early morning on Monday.
Police said eight to 10 people entered the house of Jagdish Kumar around 1.30 am and assaulted him and his wife, Vimala, with lathis.
Half an hour later, the same group attacked another family in the neighbouring colony.
"Jagdish Kumar was a former employee of a government hospital. The men attacked him and his wife, but fled without stealing anything as their screams for help alerted the neighbours. Jagdish succumbed to injuries, Vimala is in a critical condition," a senior police officer said.
Police said the group then went to Ved Vir's house, in the adjoining colony. "They rang the doorbell and barged in. They attacked Ved Vir and his wife with lathis and made away with Rs 60,000 and jewellery worth Rs 2 lakh. The man and wife are recuperating in hospital and investigations are under way," an officer said.
Angry residents from the area gathered at the railway crossing on Monday and attempted to block traffic. "No trains were actually delayed as we managed to pacify the protesters and they agreed to leave the site," an officer said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer