Robert Pattinson wants to buy pub
- National Herald case: Supreme Court orders Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to face trial
- 26/11 Mumbai attackers were getting directions from control room in Karachi, admits Headley
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath, Smriti on JNU row
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after Headley repeats Ishrat-LeT link
- Gravitational waves: A leap towards theory of everything
"Twilight" star Robert Pattinson says he wants to buy a pub.
The 26-year-old actor said he loves traditional British pubs and aspires to own one someday, reported Digital Spy.
"I would love to own a pub in London at some point... I wouldn't want to buy a pub that was all trendy and done Gastro style food, I just want a real working men's pub.
"I probably wouldn't even go public that I owned it. I wouldn't want it to become the sort of place people went to spot celebrities. I just want it to be a real pub where men discuss the issues of the day," he said.
Pattinson believes pubs are hugely important in Britain and thinks they are one of the most important parts of every community.
"The UK is the home of pubs, and we need to make sure we protect them. Every time I am back home and see that a local pub has closed down it actually makes me sad. The local can be the focal point of the community, and if we lose them we lose one of the things that is greatest about Britain," he added.