Robert Pattinson wants to buy pub
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
"Twilight" star Robert Pattinson says he wants to buy a pub.
The 26-year-old actor said he loves traditional British pubs and aspires to own one someday, reported Digital Spy.
"I would love to own a pub in London at some point... I wouldn't want to buy a pub that was all trendy and done Gastro style food, I just want a real working men's pub.
"I probably wouldn't even go public that I owned it. I wouldn't want it to become the sort of place people went to spot celebrities. I just want it to be a real pub where men discuss the issues of the day," he said.
Pattinson believes pubs are hugely important in Britain and thinks they are one of the most important parts of every community.
"The UK is the home of pubs, and we need to make sure we protect them. Every time I am back home and see that a local pub has closed down it actually makes me sad. The local can be the focal point of the community, and if we lose them we lose one of the things that is greatest about Britain," he added.
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner
- Detained at IFFI: You can chain our hands, but you can't choke our voices
- How 'secular', 'socialist' came to be part of Constitution, and why they remain
- Next door Nepal: Blaming the neighbour
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past