Robin Van Persie saves Man U from mid-table pitfall
- EC issues show cause notice to Mulayam Singh Yadav for violation of poll code
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: KXIP chase 206, beat CSK by six wickets
Without Dutch striker Robin Van Persie, current English Premier League table toppers Manchester United would have been languishing in mid-level as far points and rankings go.
Without his contribution, the club would have won just five Premier League games and earned half of their current 52-point tally. Van Persie has scored 16 Premier League goals and chipped in with six assists. As a result, Manchester United have won 17, drawn one and lost three matches, for a staggering win percentage of 81, reports The Sun.
Without the ex-Arsenal ace scoring and helping his team-mates, United would have won just five games, drawn 11 and lost five reducing their win percentage by almost two-thirds or 23.8 percent, the paper said. Manchester United would have just had 26 points and been involved in scrap with West Ham and Norwich for a mid-table spot.
And, without Van Persie''s injury-time equaliser, they would also have gone out of the FA Cup at the hands of the Hammers on Saturday. When Van Persie, 29, arrived for 22 million pounds last summer, there were fears over his injury record. Last season, was the first injury-free term he had enjoyed in North London since his 2.75 million-pound move from Feyenoord in 2004.
Asked whether Van Persie''s price was looking like a bargain, West Ham chief Sam Allardyce replied in the negative. He added that Persie has already shown everyone what he can do.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer