Robot Olympiad gold medal for D Y Patil engg students
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Prime Minister could not understand coalition politics, says Jaiswal
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
The 7th edition of the Regional Indian Robot Olympiad was organised recently at Maharashtra Academy of Engineering, Alandi in Pune, in which over 50 teams participated in three categories — elementary, junior high and senior high. The theme of was "Robots Connecting People", in which robots were made to identify colours. In the senior high group, the team from Dr D Y Patil School of Engineering, Lohegaon, won the gold medal and also got selected for National Level IRO. The team comprised second-year engineering students Pooja Kumari, Sanket Talekar and Suraj B Katkar, from Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. The team was guided by Pratik D Shah, Prof. B K Shirgapurkar (HOD, E&TC) and Dr S S Sonavane (Director, Dr D Y Patil Technical Campus, Lohegaon, Pune. The event was organised by "Techtronics education" and supported by LEGO education and World Robot Olympiad.
Four city students enter finals of budding scientist contest The 'BrainCafe Budding Scientist Contest 2012' conducted its state-level competition in Kalyan recently. Four students from City Pride School in Pune made it to the finals that will be held in Mumbai next month.
Spriha Bhowmik (project on lemon battery), Anish Deshpande, (project on water and electricity saver),Yash Mandlecha (project on electricity production from cotton plant), Eeshita Kakde (project on ISBR STB plant) were the four winners who made it to the finals.
Over 64 students from 50 schools across the state participated in the qualifying rounds. Students from class 1 to 8 participated in this event showcasing innovations via models of light house, energy and water conservation, disaster management techniques and lifting water without electricity.
Rotary club organises Math Olympiad
Rotary Club of Pune Pride (RCPP) in association with Pune District Mathematics Teachers' Association - PDMTA (Ganit Adhyapak Mandal) organised "Rotary Mathematics Olympiad" contest for class 7 to 10 recently at the S M Joshi Auditorium. The final four teams were selected from more than 1,000 students who had participated. Mrunmayee Awachat & Kunal Deshmukh from Sinhgad Springdale school were the winners in Class 7-8 group while Shivam Nadimpalli & Siddharth Dharm from St Vincent School won in class 9-10 group.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready