Robotics fever catches up with IIT-Kharagpur students
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
Students of the Robotix Club of IIT-Kharagpur on Sunday demonstrated more than half-a-dozen of robots designed by them at the Birla Industrial and Technological Museum (BITM). School-going and college students were awe struck by the demonstration of robots who were seen playing football.
The students displayed robots that can do a number of things. There was a bridge-laying robot, a digging robot, a shooting robot, a ball-following robot and line-following robots. "Robotics is not taught as a separate subject but we at IIT-Kharagpur are very passionate about the subject. We hold several conferences and from the first year, we have competition on robots," said Ayush Upadhyay, a 3rd-year student of geology and geophysics at IIT-Kharagpur.
About 30 students from IIT-Kharagpur explained the concepts of robotics to students of schools and various universities and colleges. They were flooded with number of queries on how to design these next generation machines. The aim of the students is to create more awareness about robotics and get more and more teams to participate in the robotic competition at the annual fest of IIT Kharagpur.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might