Rock concert organised in memory of Bhopal gas tragedy victims
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Mumbai Indians take on KKR in opener
The Bhopal gas tragedy shook the nation when it occurred 28 years ago. On Friday, social welfare outfit Lokayat in association with the social club of the College of Engineering Pune (COEP) Janeev organised a rock concert titled, 'Rock for Justice in Bhopal' .
Paying tribute to the victims of the Bhopal Gas Tragedy, the concert saw two college-based bands perform at the main auditorium of the COEP. Alka Joshi, who works for Lokayat said, "Bands from SP College and HV Desai College performed 12 songs at the event."
About the concert, Joshi, said the songs were not just about the victims, but the manner in which the tragedy affected everyone. The 90-minute event also featured three video clips that showcased work done by the various human rights groups, and the chilling ground reality where availability of clean water is still a distant reality.
"Over 20,000 people died in one of the worst disasters in recent times. We want to keep the fire alive and ensure their fight for justice doesn't end," she added.