Rock show at Kankaria carnival this time
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
In a first, the Kankaria Carnival scheduled from December 25-31 will feature a rock show this time. The show will be performed by students of city schools, colleges and private institutes.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the event and attend the finale.
The event was launched some years back after completion of the Kankaria lakefront, to celebrate former prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee's birthday which falls on December 25. One of the two trains that run around the lake is called "Atal Express".
The rides that will be made open to the public for the first time during this carnival include aqua carting and segway along with target archery, mirror maze and butterfly park inside the lake premises. Other attractions at the carnival include children book festival, toy festival, children film festival, arms exhibition, bonsai tree exhibition, wall painting etc.