Rocky Poonawala talks about his experience of eating insects and even a bat in Pattaya
Dance and food are the only two things that I get a kick out of. I do some crazy things when it comes to food. I have had crabs and frogs in Singapore and my next target is to eat an alligator and a snake. The craziest I ever went was in Pattaya in Thailand on a vacation with my wife. At a streetfood place, I ate a buffet full of stuff that I will never forget and some of which I will never eat again. There were eight types of insects in the first plate — including a grasshopper and a cockroach. They were plain fried creatures and tasted just like fried Bhindi. So it didn't feel all that weird to eat that. I also ate a frog in the same meal. I had eaten frog legs before and they were the ugliest creatures I had seen. What came next in the menu was truly creepy. I ate a whole bat! It tasted and smelt like rubber. It was part of a dare actually. Someone said to me that I can't eat it. So I rose to the occasion. I won't eat it ever again.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18