Rocky Poonawala talks about his experience of eating insects and even a bat in Pattaya
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Dance and food are the only two things that I get a kick out of. I do some crazy things when it comes to food. I have had crabs and frogs in Singapore and my next target is to eat an alligator and a snake. The craziest I ever went was in Pattaya in Thailand on a vacation with my wife. At a streetfood place, I ate a buffet full of stuff that I will never forget and some of which I will never eat again. There were eight types of insects in the first plate — including a grasshopper and a cockroach. They were plain fried creatures and tasted just like fried Bhindi. So it didn't feel all that weird to eat that. I also ate a frog in the same meal. I had eaten frog legs before and they were the ugliest creatures I had seen. What came next in the menu was truly creepy. I ate a whole bat! It tasted and smelt like rubber. It was part of a dare actually. Someone said to me that I can't eat it. So I rose to the occasion. I won't eat it ever again.