Rocky star Sylvester Stallone blackmailed for millions by half sister for alleged abuse
- Hardik Patel walks out of Lajpore jail after nine months
- Op Sankat Mochan: First flight carrying evacuated Indians from South Sudan reaches Kerala
- Behind Nice attack, a Caliphate in retreat
- Infosys Q1 net profit up 13 percent, but misses estimates; shares slide
- Arunachal CM Tuki wants 'reasonable' time, says Gov decision for floor test by Saturday 'hasty'
Action star Sylvester Stallone reportedly paid millions of dollars to his half-sister Toni-Ann Filiti who was blackmailing him for allegedly abusing her for years.
At the height of his fame, the "Rocky" star reached a confidential multimillion-dollar settlement with his half-sister over the abuse allegations, reported New York Post.
Sources close to the star insisted the settlement was the result of a "shakedown" and that Stallone, 66, was a victim of blackmail.
Papers obtained show Stallone agreed 26 years ago to give his half-sister USD 2 million plus USD 16,666.66 per month for her lifetime, plus a trust with USD 50,000 per year for psychiatric and medical expenses.
According to the papers, Filiti "asserted claims for personal injury, including physical injury" against Stallone, who "vigorously denied and continues to deny and dispute all claims of wrongdoing."
Filiti died in August last year from lung cancer at age 48.
Jacqeline, mother of Sylvester and Filiti, says the settlement was the result of blackmail by Filiti, whom she described as a pillpopping drug addict desperate for cash.
- ‘Strangeness’ of SC Arunachal verdict lies in its upholding of constitutional morality
- Bangladesh urgently needs to overhaul its anti-terror strategy
- New Delhi’s reverie is rudely interrupted by Kashmir reality again
- India’s population stabilisation: Three states hold the key
- The bully is bad news for the victim — and for himself
- In the Northeast, an uneasy new alliance