Rocky star Sylvester Stallone blackmailed for millions by half sister for alleged abuse
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
Action star Sylvester Stallone reportedly paid millions of dollars to his half-sister Toni-Ann Filiti who was blackmailing him for allegedly abusing her for years.
At the height of his fame, the "Rocky" star reached a confidential multimillion-dollar settlement with his half-sister over the abuse allegations, reported New York Post.
Sources close to the star insisted the settlement was the result of a "shakedown" and that Stallone, 66, was a victim of blackmail.
Papers obtained show Stallone agreed 26 years ago to give his half-sister USD 2 million plus USD 16,666.66 per month for her lifetime, plus a trust with USD 50,000 per year for psychiatric and medical expenses.
According to the papers, Filiti "asserted claims for personal injury, including physical injury" against Stallone, who "vigorously denied and continues to deny and dispute all claims of wrongdoing."
Filiti died in August last year from lung cancer at age 48.
Jacqeline, mother of Sylvester and Filiti, says the settlement was the result of blackmail by Filiti, whom she described as a pillpopping drug addict desperate for cash.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words