Rocky star Sylvester Stallone blackmailed for millions by half sister for alleged abuse
- SC decision on NJAC a ‘setback to Parliamentary sovereignty’, says Govt
- Man, allegedly involved in cattle smuggling, lynched in Himachal
- CBI busts Rail Neer racket, Rs 20 crore seized from suppliers
- Bihar voters defy Naxals, 55% turnout in second phase
- Muslims can live in India, but will have to give up eating beef: Haryana CM
Action star Sylvester Stallone reportedly paid millions of dollars to his half-sister Toni-Ann Filiti who was blackmailing him for allegedly abusing her for years.
At the height of his fame, the "Rocky" star reached a confidential multimillion-dollar settlement with his half-sister over the abuse allegations, reported New York Post.
Sources close to the star insisted the settlement was the result of a "shakedown" and that Stallone, 66, was a victim of blackmail.
Papers obtained show Stallone agreed 26 years ago to give his half-sister USD 2 million plus USD 16,666.66 per month for her lifetime, plus a trust with USD 50,000 per year for psychiatric and medical expenses.
According to the papers, Filiti "asserted claims for personal injury, including physical injury" against Stallone, who "vigorously denied and continues to deny and dispute all claims of wrongdoing."
Filiti died in August last year from lung cancer at age 48.
Jacqeline, mother of Sylvester and Filiti, says the settlement was the result of blackmail by Filiti, whom she described as a pillpopping drug addict desperate for cash.