Roger Moore nearly died on 'The Spy Who Loved Me' set
- Rahul Gandhi 'happy' with Varun Gandhi's 'good work' praise; BJP leader clarifies it's no endorsement for Cong
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Imran Masood released on bail; Mamata to woo voters through letters
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- Snooping row: HC rejects Pradeep Sharma's plea to file FIR against Narendra Modi
- Sonia's assets worth over Rs.9 crore, has given a loan of Rs. 9 lakh to Rahul
Former James Bond star Roger Moore says he almost died when a stunt went wrong while he was shooing for 1977 film "The Spy Who Loved Me".
The 85-year-old says he was filming a fight scene with co-star Curt Jurgens when he made a choreography change and was thrown across the room by a special effects blast, reported the New York Post.
Moore was taken to hospital with several open-wounds and it took him days to recover.
"There's a sequence in 'The Spy Who Loved Me where' I nearly came a cropper (died). The audience knows that the villain, Karl Stromberg, played by Curt Jurgens, is going to shoot a missile under a table at Bond. They (the producers) had me standing behind a chair which had a steel back to it that so that, when the explosion took place, I would be wound-free.
"I, like a stupid idiot, suggested there would be more suspense if Bond was sitting. Nobody mentioned that the seat of the chair was not reinforced. The special effects man was a little over-anxious and let off the explosion just before I got up from it (the chair). I was blown out of the chair and had smouldering holes in my back," he said.
The spy film series is celebrating 50 golden years on silver screen.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies