Rohit Sharma most god-gifted talent around: M S Dhoni
- Kolkata flyover tragedy 'an act of fraud,' says BJP
- Kolkata flyover collapse: Not hopeful of finding any more body, says Army
- We are also shocked that the flyover collapsed, say builders
- Narendra Modi to meet top leaders of Canada, UK, Japan at bilateral summit
- MS Dhoni answers retirement question with his own trick question
Talking about the other main contributor, Suresh Raina, who hit 89 not out today, Dhoni said he could be promoted up the order.
"This kind of innings has a lot of value because we have been grooming him like this. At 5, 6, 7, depending on scenarios, you hope that players at those positions have the talent to finish off games. It's not necessary that only one individual must finish the match each time. It's important that those who bat at 5, 6 and 7 make it a habit to win the game," said the captain.
Dhoni was also happy with Ishant Sharma's performance in the series so far.
"This particular series, he has bowled really well. In the first 6-7 overs, he has bowled really well, he has troubled the batsmen. Last few overs he has gone for runs but we all don't know as of now as to what is a good number in the last few overs, slogs with fielders inside. Overall we will spend some time to see where he stands.
"It's not only him. The opposition bowlers are also going for runs in the last 10 overs. I am happy with his performance, he is a good fielder and he is bowling those five-six overs really well for us. Also the fact that he is bowling one-change with the semi new-ball. So overall happy with his contribution," said the captain.
On the Steven Finn dead ball controversy, Dhoni said, "Yes, we were told about it but the easiest thing to do is to ask him not to touch the stumps because that will remove all the controversies. There is plenty of space to bowl from so no need to interfere with the stumps and if you do your side may lose because of that one particular delivery like what happened in this game."
- Military alignments with US, without open debate, may foreclose India’s options
- Clearing the air on savings from DBT scheme for LPG
- JNU, HCU controversies frame changing space university
- Jihad made Pakistan powerless before the monster it created
- EU-India Summit gives a new momentum to ties
- Nawaz Sharif helping army to rule without governing Pakistan