Roles of assistant education officers redefined
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
PMC deputy commissioner Naresh Zurmure has redefined the roles of all 14 assistant education officers, a move that comes after the findings of the recent PMC survey of 307 PMC schools, which found several schools across the city were saddled with creaky infrastructure issues such as broken doors, lack of water, unclean toilets and leaking roofs top to name a few.
To tackle the issue, Zurmure has specified roles of assistant education officers. "Every ward will have one assistant education officer; working under him will be three or four supervisors; every supervisor will cover 8-10 schools. These supervisors in turn will visit each school, once a week and report about their specific issues to the assistant education officers," Zurmure said. The inspection of the 307 schools began in the first week of July and ended last week.
This will be followed by meetings of the assistant education officers, supervisors and the deputy education officer for further action. There are currently 14 assistant education officers, three deputy education officers and one education officer. The assistant education officers will coordinate with the ward functionaries for various infrastructural facilities such as maintenance of civil structure, drainage, water supply, garbage disposal, water supply, encroachment of any kind and other basic facilities.
"The supervisors will be doing field work three days a week. Specifying the responsibilities will bring about accountability and this in turn will help in tackling issues in a more effective manner," he said, adding the same will be addressed on the priority basis with a budget of Rs 20 lakh.
"We will begin the work soon and hope to finish it in two months," Zurmure said.
"As far as the civil structure repair work at the schools is concerned, a decision for the future course of action will be taken in few weeks," he added.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express