Rolling Tigers Academy skaters shine in CBSE North Zone I meet
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
Skaters of Rolling Tigers Academy, DC Model School-7, Panchkula, brought laurels winning as many as six medals in the recently held CBSE North Zone I Meet held in Delhi from October 2 to 4. Teams from states like Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi and J & K took part in the meet.
Winners: Anuj Sud (Bronze in Rink Race IV) and (Bronze in 10-12 Inline Boys Category) (The Gurukul-20, Panchkula), Akshit Kharab (Bronze in Road Race) (The Gurukul-20, Panchkula), Meghna Bisht (Bronze in Rink Race I) (Shishu Niketen School, Pkl), Siddharth Jain (Bronze in Road Race) (Shishu Niketen School, Pkl), Kabir Bedi (Bronze in Road Race) (Bhavan Vidyalaya, Pkl). Chander Singhal imparts training at Rolling Tigers Academy, DC Model School-7, Panchkula
Badminton teams announced
CHANDIGARH: The Chandigarh Badminton Association today announced names of shuttlers who will represent Chandigarh in the forthcoming Sub-Junior National Badminton Championship to be held at Swai Man Singh Sindoor Stadium, Jaipur, from October 10 to 14.
Sub. Jr. Girls (U-13): Sanya, Purnima; Sub. Jr. Boys (U-13): Kevin Wong, Himanshu, Sub. Jr. Girls (U-16): Mehak Sood, Navika, Shreya, Sub. Jr. Boys (U-16): Kenneth Wong, Rupinder, Col. Raj Parmar (coach) and Veena Long (manager).
Chess tourney on Oct 10, 11
CHANDIGARH: The Chandigarh Chess Association is organising Chandigarh Under-25 and Under-15 Chess Championship for both boys and girls on October 10 and 11 at St. Xaviers Sr. Sec. School Sec-44, Chandigarh. A team of two players in each category will be selected to represent Chandigarh at the nationals to be held in Rajasthan (Under-25) and Mumbai (Under-15) respectively. Detailed prospectus is available on www.chandigarhchess.com. Last date for sending entries is October 9. For more details Nveen Bansal can be contacted on 94171-48610.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy