Rolling Tigers Academy skaters shine in CBSE North Zone I meet
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- BSY keeps a low profile, his supporters not sure about BJP
- Modi in TN, Jaya first time targets BJP
- Election Live: AAP candidate in Nalanda beaten up, Shazia Ilmi's rally attacked in MP
Skaters of Rolling Tigers Academy, DC Model School-7, Panchkula, brought laurels winning as many as six medals in the recently held CBSE North Zone I Meet held in Delhi from October 2 to 4. Teams from states like Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi and J & K took part in the meet.
Winners: Anuj Sud (Bronze in Rink Race IV) and (Bronze in 10-12 Inline Boys Category) (The Gurukul-20, Panchkula), Akshit Kharab (Bronze in Road Race) (The Gurukul-20, Panchkula), Meghna Bisht (Bronze in Rink Race I) (Shishu Niketen School, Pkl), Siddharth Jain (Bronze in Road Race) (Shishu Niketen School, Pkl), Kabir Bedi (Bronze in Road Race) (Bhavan Vidyalaya, Pkl). Chander Singhal imparts training at Rolling Tigers Academy, DC Model School-7, Panchkula
Badminton teams announced
CHANDIGARH: The Chandigarh Badminton Association today announced names of shuttlers who will represent Chandigarh in the forthcoming Sub-Junior National Badminton Championship to be held at Swai Man Singh Sindoor Stadium, Jaipur, from October 10 to 14.
Sub. Jr. Girls (U-13): Sanya, Purnima; Sub. Jr. Boys (U-13): Kevin Wong, Himanshu, Sub. Jr. Girls (U-16): Mehak Sood, Navika, Shreya, Sub. Jr. Boys (U-16): Kenneth Wong, Rupinder, Col. Raj Parmar (coach) and Veena Long (manager).
Chess tourney on Oct 10, 11
CHANDIGARH: The Chandigarh Chess Association is organising Chandigarh Under-25 and Under-15 Chess Championship for both boys and girls on October 10 and 11 at St. Xaviers Sr. Sec. School Sec-44, Chandigarh. A team of two players in each category will be selected to represent Chandigarh at the nationals to be held in Rajasthan (Under-25) and Mumbai (Under-15) respectively. Detailed prospectus is available on www.chandigarhchess.com. Last date for sending entries is October 9. For more details Nveen Bansal can be contacted on 94171-48610.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit