Rolling Tigers Academy skaters shine in CBSE North Zone I meet
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Skaters of Rolling Tigers Academy, DC Model School-7, Panchkula, brought laurels winning as many as six medals in the recently held CBSE North Zone I Meet held in Delhi from October 2 to 4. Teams from states like Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi and J & K took part in the meet.
Winners: Anuj Sud (Bronze in Rink Race IV) and (Bronze in 10-12 Inline Boys Category) (The Gurukul-20, Panchkula), Akshit Kharab (Bronze in Road Race) (The Gurukul-20, Panchkula), Meghna Bisht (Bronze in Rink Race I) (Shishu Niketen School, Pkl), Siddharth Jain (Bronze in Road Race) (Shishu Niketen School, Pkl), Kabir Bedi (Bronze in Road Race) (Bhavan Vidyalaya, Pkl). Chander Singhal imparts training at Rolling Tigers Academy, DC Model School-7, Panchkula
Badminton teams announced
CHANDIGARH: The Chandigarh Badminton Association today announced names of shuttlers who will represent Chandigarh in the forthcoming Sub-Junior National Badminton Championship to be held at Swai Man Singh Sindoor Stadium, Jaipur, from October 10 to 14.
Sub. Jr. Girls (U-13): Sanya, Purnima; Sub. Jr. Boys (U-13): Kevin Wong, Himanshu, Sub. Jr. Girls (U-16): Mehak Sood, Navika, Shreya, Sub. Jr. Boys (U-16): Kenneth Wong, Rupinder, Col. Raj Parmar (coach) and Veena Long (manager).
Chess tourney on Oct 10, 11
CHANDIGARH: The Chandigarh Chess Association is organising Chandigarh Under-25 and Under-15 Chess Championship for both boys and girls on October 10 and 11 at St. Xaviers Sr. Sec. School Sec-44, Chandigarh. A team of two players in each category will be selected to represent Chandigarh at the nationals to be held in Rajasthan (Under-25) and Mumbai (Under-15) respectively. Detailed prospectus is available on www.chandigarhchess.com. Last date for sending entries is October 9. For more details Nveen Bansal can be contacted on 94171-48610.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food