Rolls Royce to name BP director as new chairman: report
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
Aero engineer Rolls-Royce is set to announce on Thursday the departure of chairman Sir Simon Robertson and the appointment of his successor, Ian Davis, Sky News reported on Wednesday citing sources familiar with the move.
Davis, who sits on the board of BP, will take over from Robertson after the company's annual meeting in May.
Sky News reported that Davis, a former McKinsey partner, had been in job talks with Rolls Royce for several months.
Davis is well known to Rolls Royce board member Iain Conn, who led the search for a successor to Sir Simon Robertson, the daily reported.
Conn also head BP's refining and marketing operation.
Davis' appointment is expected along with the British aerospace and defence group's reporting its full-year results on Thursday.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18