Rolls Royce to name BP director as new chairman: report
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Aero engineer Rolls-Royce is set to announce on Thursday the departure of chairman Sir Simon Robertson and the appointment of his successor, Ian Davis, Sky News reported on Wednesday citing sources familiar with the move.
Davis, who sits on the board of BP, will take over from Robertson after the company's annual meeting in May.
Sky News reported that Davis, a former McKinsey partner, had been in job talks with Rolls Royce for several months.
Davis is well known to Rolls Royce board member Iain Conn, who led the search for a successor to Sir Simon Robertson, the daily reported.
Conn also head BP's refining and marketing operation.
Davis' appointment is expected along with the British aerospace and defence group's reporting its full-year results on Thursday.
- Terror accused wrongly jailed for 14 yrs, NHRC notices to Home Ministry, police
- SP hints no candidates against Sonia, Rahul
- In Hills, BJP gains GJM edge
- Delhi Police forms patrol teams to check pick-pocketing in Metro
- Two months to go and EC receives myriad complaints
- Maharashtra hailstorm hits crop worth Rs 5,000 cr
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress