Rolls-Royce Indian edition model in 2014
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is working on Indian edition project and is expected to launch the model in India in 2014, a company official said on Wednesday1.
"It is an interesting project and it will take time for us to bring in a perfect product that meets the diversities of India and we are working on collecting data, feedback from our existing and prospective customers," Herfried Hasenoehrl, general manager of emerging markets & Asia, said.
"When we launch the car, it will have the perfect blend and will represent India as a whole," he said. "The India edition could be on any our existing models such as Phantom, Ghost or Wraith," he added. Herfried, who was in Chennai to showcase the latest model Wraith, said: "India is the largest market for us within Asia Pacific as we have rolled out more dealers in India than in any other country across APAC." He ruled out assembling the car in India. The import duty on the car is pegged at 174% on the original car price.