Romney ropes in Indian American to reach to Asia Americans
- Pravin Togadia under fire over hate-speech, RSS says comments fabricated
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP blocked Telangana Bill in Parliament, says Rahul Gandhi
Indian-American Akshay Desai has been roped in by Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney for his outreach to Asian American community ahead of the crucial November 6 US presidential elections.
Florida-based Desai, CEO of Universal Healthcare, has been made one of the seven national co-chairs of the Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders for Romney community.
"I am pleased and honoured to serve as a national co-chair for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders for Romney," Desai said.
"As a businessman, I know all too well what it takes to make it in the private sector. When I hear President Obama tell small business people that 'somebody else' made their success happen, I know that he is not cut out to turn around our economy," he said.
"Mitt Romney is the change we so desperately need, and I look forward to having him in the White House," Desai said.
Praising the community members for their contribution to the American society, Romney said, "Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders have wonderful cultures that enrich all of America."
"For generations, members of this community have contributed to our country, started new businesses and invented new products, and served with honour and distinction
in the fight to protect freedom all around the world. I am honoured to have the support of such great Asian Americans, and look forward to working with them to get our country on the right track again," he said.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota