Row over Afzal Guru body set to hit Kashmir assembly, as MLA breathes fire
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
Questioning the yardstick for measuring "collective conscience", Rashid said when 80 percent people came out to vote, New Delhi termed it as a win of democracy but why couldn't they find even a single person in Kashmir to support hanging of Afzal Guru. "What was the yardstick of measuring collective conscience," he said.
"Did you ask the hangman, who according to media reports, fell at Guru's steps before hanging him, did you ask that jailer who felt a tinge of sorrow over his hanging".
Saying the time is not far when Lalchowk would be renamed as 'Afzal Chowk', Rashid said why punishment has not been given to the soldiers responsible for killings in Kashmir.
"One lakh people have been killed in Kashmir," he said. "Could you (New Delhi) not find the murderers of those one lakh people? Why the permission for their prosecution was not granted?"