Row over Afzal Guru body set to hit Kashmir assembly, as MLA breathes fire
- Supreme Court orders Vijay Mallya to declare all assets, banks reject his proposal
- #PanamaPapers India Part 4: Tyre dealer, boutique owner, top CA
- Panama Papers: FIFA ethics judge Damiani resigns while under suspicion
- This isn’t India, get us out of here: Protesting students at NIT Srinagar
- Manmohan Singh hits out against Modi govt, says its Pakistan policy is 'in shambles'
Questioning the yardstick for measuring "collective conscience", Rashid said when 80 percent people came out to vote, New Delhi termed it as a win of democracy but why couldn't they find even a single person in Kashmir to support hanging of Afzal Guru. "What was the yardstick of measuring collective conscience," he said.
"Did you ask the hangman, who according to media reports, fell at Guru's steps before hanging him, did you ask that jailer who felt a tinge of sorrow over his hanging".
Saying the time is not far when Lalchowk would be renamed as 'Afzal Chowk', Rashid said why punishment has not been given to the soldiers responsible for killings in Kashmir.
"One lakh people have been killed in Kashmir," he said. "Could you (New Delhi) not find the murderers of those one lakh people? Why the permission for their prosecution was not granted?"
- Nuclear Security Summit brought a timely focus on the link between nuclear and cyber security
- Baba Patriotism: Why Ramdev would do well to go into vanvaas
- Telescope: Anandi to Pratyusha
- From nuclear decision-making to foreign relations, Sharif seems to be gasping for breath
- No jobs in sight: There is a mounting employment crisis in India
- JNU and HCU targeted because they attract and nurture students from lower castes