Roy came to me much before Ranbir Kapoor: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: DD draw first blood, McCullum departs early
Actress Jacqueline Fernandez is excited about her upcoming romance drama Roy with Ranbir Kapoor but says she signed the project not because it stars the Barfi! actor.
Jacqueline, 28, who was last seen in multi-starrer thriller Race 3, said she chose to be a part of it because she found the script interesting.
"Roy is a very interesting film. It is being directed by debut filmmaker Vicky Singh. The film came to me much before Ranbir and I signed it that time only without thinking about my co-star. Ranbir came to board much later and I feel
it is much exciting now," she said.
The Sri Lankan beauty will also be seen opposite superstar Salman Khan in Kick. The film is the remake of Telugu blockbuster of the same name and will be made by Sajid Nadiawala.
"Kick is the biggest opportunity of my career so far. I am so happy that my career graph is going up positively. I worked with Sajid (Nadiawala) in Housefull 2 and he gave me the chance to star opposite Salman. I don't know from where this luck came from," Jacqueline said, who also did an item number Jadoo Ki Jhappi with ace choreographer Prabhudheva.
The actress was in the capital as the brand ambassador of India Bridal Fashion Week, which is commencing from July 23.
Asked about her marriage plans, Jacqueline, who wore a Jyotsana Tiwari lehenga, said, "Marriage is not round the corner. Like any other girl, I have also dreamt about my marriage but I think the right time has not yet come."
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota