Roy came to me much before Ranbir Kapoor: Jacqueline Fernandez
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Actress Jacqueline Fernandez is excited about her upcoming romance drama Roy with Ranbir Kapoor but says she signed the project not because it stars the Barfi! actor.
Jacqueline, 28, who was last seen in multi-starrer thriller Race 3, said she chose to be a part of it because she found the script interesting.
"Roy is a very interesting film. It is being directed by debut filmmaker Vicky Singh. The film came to me much before Ranbir and I signed it that time only without thinking about my co-star. Ranbir came to board much later and I feel
it is much exciting now," she said.
The Sri Lankan beauty will also be seen opposite superstar Salman Khan in Kick. The film is the remake of Telugu blockbuster of the same name and will be made by Sajid Nadiawala.
"Kick is the biggest opportunity of my career so far. I am so happy that my career graph is going up positively. I worked with Sajid (Nadiawala) in Housefull 2 and he gave me the chance to star opposite Salman. I don't know from where this luck came from," Jacqueline said, who also did an item number Jadoo Ki Jhappi with ace choreographer Prabhudheva.
The actress was in the capital as the brand ambassador of India Bridal Fashion Week, which is commencing from July 23.
Asked about her marriage plans, Jacqueline, who wore a Jyotsana Tiwari lehenga, said, "Marriage is not round the corner. Like any other girl, I have also dreamt about my marriage but I think the right time has not yet come."