Royal entertainment is here
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
The 106-year-old Great Royal Circus is in town.
Playing at Reclamation Ground, the circus, one of the oldest in the country, has 32 exciting items, including acrobatics, fire dancers and performing animals.
The circus put together in 1906 has travelled the country and the world, visiting Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Iraq, UAE and countries in Africa. It has hosted Presidents, Prime Ministers, kings and queens.
The circus features African and Russian artistes who perform hair-raising acrobatics and dance under fire.
Acrobatics by foreign dogs and rare parrots playing on a seesaw are among the other items.
Performed by about 70 artists, the other interesting items include flying trapeze, hula hoop, candle balance, ring balance, juggling on rollers, ladder balance, hoop diving and sharp shooting.