Royal entertainment is here
- Hummer horror case: Kerala court awards life sentence for convict Muhammad Nisham
- Pathankot attack part of our activity, nothing to do with Indo-Pak dialogue: Hizb-ul Mujahideen chief
- Rohit Vemula suicide: Dalit staff lay low in fear of being dubbed anti-national
- Pathankot: Intruder shot dead by BSF along Indo-Pak border
- Rohith Vemula got call from cops, notice from hostel
The 106-year-old Great Royal Circus is in town.
Playing at Reclamation Ground, the circus, one of the oldest in the country, has 32 exciting items, including acrobatics, fire dancers and performing animals.
The circus put together in 1906 has travelled the country and the world, visiting Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Iraq, UAE and countries in Africa. It has hosted Presidents, Prime Ministers, kings and queens.
The circus features African and Russian artistes who perform hair-raising acrobatics and dance under fire.
Acrobatics by foreign dogs and rare parrots playing on a seesaw are among the other items.
- We need to stop denying India’s not-so-hidden apartheid
- Pranab and Sushma visits reflect today’s tighter India-Israel bond
- Iran nuclear deal demonstrate the necessity and benefits of multilateralism
- Diary item: Bengal’s Burdwan break
- What if law not dictate but allows old customs and traditions to do their work?
- Strictly regulated and independently audited jallikattu is the way to go