Royal entertainment is here
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
The 106-year-old Great Royal Circus is in town.
Playing at Reclamation Ground, the circus, one of the oldest in the country, has 32 exciting items, including acrobatics, fire dancers and performing animals.
The circus put together in 1906 has travelled the country and the world, visiting Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Iraq, UAE and countries in Africa. It has hosted Presidents, Prime Ministers, kings and queens.
The circus features African and Russian artistes who perform hair-raising acrobatics and dance under fire.
Acrobatics by foreign dogs and rare parrots playing on a seesaw are among the other items.
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov