RPI protests Bhandara rape in Mantralaya
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
The rape and killing of three sisters in Bhandara has evoked sharp reactions. Republican Party of India (RPI) members stormed Mantralaya Thursday and shouted slogans outside the office of the chief minister on the first floor demanding death for the rapists.
In Delhi, Union industries minister Praful Patel said, "The incident makes us hang our heads in shame."
He too demanded capital punishment for perpetrators of the crime. Patel who, represents the Gondia-Bhandara Lok Sabha consituency, said, "It is a terrible act."
MLA Nana Patole of BJP led a demonstration in Bhandara. Party leaders also questioned law and order in the state. The 20 RPI members who stormed Mantralaya were led by Mumbai president of the party youth wing Ramesh Gaikwad.
Police raise Rs 15 cr
Maharashtra Police have raised Rs 15 crore for drought relief. "Constables and officers up to sub-inspector rank donated one-day salary and higher ranks two-day pay," an officer said.