RPI protests Bhandara rape in Mantralaya
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
The rape and killing of three sisters in Bhandara has evoked sharp reactions. Republican Party of India (RPI) members stormed Mantralaya Thursday and shouted slogans outside the office of the chief minister on the first floor demanding death for the rapists.
In Delhi, Union industries minister Praful Patel said, "The incident makes us hang our heads in shame."
He too demanded capital punishment for perpetrators of the crime. Patel who, represents the Gondia-Bhandara Lok Sabha consituency, said, "It is a terrible act."
MLA Nana Patole of BJP led a demonstration in Bhandara. Party leaders also questioned law and order in the state. The 20 RPI members who stormed Mantralaya were led by Mumbai president of the party youth wing Ramesh Gaikwad.
Police raise Rs 15 cr
Maharashtra Police have raised Rs 15 crore for drought relief. "Constables and officers up to sub-inspector rank donated one-day salary and higher ranks two-day pay," an officer said.