RPI protests Bhandara rape in Mantralaya
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The rape and killing of three sisters in Bhandara has evoked sharp reactions. Republican Party of India (RPI) members stormed Mantralaya Thursday and shouted slogans outside the office of the chief minister on the first floor demanding death for the rapists.
In Delhi, Union industries minister Praful Patel said, "The incident makes us hang our heads in shame."
He too demanded capital punishment for perpetrators of the crime. Patel who, represents the Gondia-Bhandara Lok Sabha consituency, said, "It is a terrible act."
MLA Nana Patole of BJP led a demonstration in Bhandara. Party leaders also questioned law and order in the state. The 20 RPI members who stormed Mantralaya were led by Mumbai president of the party youth wing Ramesh Gaikwad.
Police raise Rs 15 cr
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress