RPI seeks arrest of school principal for shielding ‘molester’ guard
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
Republican Party of India (RPI) members staged a protest outside Nandadeep School in Goregaon Monday demanding action against the principal after police arrested on January 30 a security guard at the school, Harkishan Tiwari (50), for allegedly molesting a 14-year-old student.
"The protest was held with permission. The January 19 incident was not reported immediately. We received a complaint a few days later and arrested the accused within two hours. The protestors were demanding the principal also be arrested for delay in reporting the incident," said senior inspector Sudhir Ranshevre, Vanrai police station.
Tiwari, who had been remanded in judicial custody, was granted bail Sunday. He has been charged under IPC as well as Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
"We are probing if the principal delayed reporting the incident to shield Tiwari. If we get evidence to support this, we will arrest him," Ranshevre said.
The protestors claimed police failed to take speedy action in the case. "The girl, who is a Dalit, was molested and the matter was reported to the school, following which a police complaint was immediately filed. However, police failed to take timely action," said E Usha, a protestor.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit