RPI seeks arrest of school principal for shielding ‘molester’ guard
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Republican Party of India (RPI) members staged a protest outside Nandadeep School in Goregaon Monday demanding action against the principal after police arrested on January 30 a security guard at the school, Harkishan Tiwari (50), for allegedly molesting a 14-year-old student.
"The protest was held with permission. The January 19 incident was not reported immediately. We received a complaint a few days later and arrested the accused within two hours. The protestors were demanding the principal also be arrested for delay in reporting the incident," said senior inspector Sudhir Ranshevre, Vanrai police station.
Tiwari, who had been remanded in judicial custody, was granted bail Sunday. He has been charged under IPC as well as Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
"We are probing if the principal delayed reporting the incident to shield Tiwari. If we get evidence to support this, we will arrest him," Ranshevre said.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words