RPI seeks arrest of school principal for shielding ‘molester’ guard
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
Republican Party of India (RPI) members staged a protest outside Nandadeep School in Goregaon Monday demanding action against the principal after police arrested on January 30 a security guard at the school, Harkishan Tiwari (50), for allegedly molesting a 14-year-old student.
"The protest was held with permission. The January 19 incident was not reported immediately. We received a complaint a few days later and arrested the accused within two hours. The protestors were demanding the principal also be arrested for delay in reporting the incident," said senior inspector Sudhir Ranshevre, Vanrai police station.
Tiwari, who had been remanded in judicial custody, was granted bail Sunday. He has been charged under IPC as well as Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
"We are probing if the principal delayed reporting the incident to shield Tiwari. If we get evidence to support this, we will arrest him," Ranshevre said.