RPI seeks arrest of school principal for shielding ‘molester’ guard
- Hidden in Assam mandate: The return of Prafulla Kumar Mahanta, his AGP
- Assam LIVE: No Gogoi 4.0 as BJP alliance finally looks east
- Kerala LIVE: It's an LDF wave in Kerala, BJP set to open account
- West Bengal LIVE: Trinamool set to storm Bengal assembly with massive lead, Left way behind
- Tamil Nadu LIVE: Amma breaks tradition, gets to stay in power
Republican Party of India (RPI) members staged a protest outside Nandadeep School in Goregaon Monday demanding action against the principal after police arrested on January 30 a security guard at the school, Harkishan Tiwari (50), for allegedly molesting a 14-year-old student.
"The protest was held with permission. The January 19 incident was not reported immediately. We received a complaint a few days later and arrested the accused within two hours. The protestors were demanding the principal also be arrested for delay in reporting the incident," said senior inspector Sudhir Ranshevre, Vanrai police station.
Tiwari, who had been remanded in judicial custody, was granted bail Sunday. He has been charged under IPC as well as Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
"We are probing if the principal delayed reporting the incident to shield Tiwari. If we get evidence to support this, we will arrest him," Ranshevre said.
- Create five large, structurally unconstrained govt-promoted banks
- Judges can, and have, crossed the line for a good cause
- Assembly results are unlikely to mark a critical change in Tamil Nadu’s bipolar contest
- Who belongs to the House, who doesn’t
- Some good news from the studios, some of them may have piped down
- Burying Karkare: I cannot let these forces go unchallenged