RPKD slams Shinde’s ‘saffron terror’ remark
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat model code of conduct
- Tarun Tejpal among three booked for possession of phones inside Goa jail
Rashtra Premi Kriti Dal (RPKD), a Muslim body, has termed Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde's comment on 'saffron terror' as a trick to lure Muslim to vote for the Congress in 2014.
Anjum Inamdar, president, RPKD said, "Though Shinde exhibited courage in saying what he said, it's not a revelation. His predecessor P Chidambaram had also made similar comments a few years ago. Instead of reiterating what is already known, the need of the hour is to act. Rather than creating a sensation, Mr Shinde should have acted."
Speaking at the Congress Chintan Baithak at Jaipur on Sunday, Shinde had accused BJP and RSS of conducting terror training camps and promoting 'Hindu terrorism'. The comment drew flak and the saffron parties demanded an apology from Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. "The Muslim community cannot be fooled any longer. The government will have to act instead of making hollow statements," he said.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past